News and Events
The SMH - Good Food Article - Just Open by Rebecca Foley
The Sydney Morning Herald
Just Open: Sunrise Asian, Elizabeth Bay
By Rebecca Foley
Sunrise Asian Photo: Supplied
Fiat Malaniyom has been supplying Asian produce to Australia's best chefs for years: David Thompson, Neil Perry, Martin Benn and Peter Gilmore to name a few.
Now the rest of Sydney can access his coveted home-grown produce and rare ingredients thanks to new retail store Sunrise Asian.
The good news doesn't stop there. Malaniyom has also opened a restaurant on the site, working with former Jimmy Liks head chef of 13 years, Fiona Hatchett. The pair have created a regularly changing menu, whipping up dishes that showcase the best produce of the day.
Sunrise Asia's barramundi khao soi. Photo: Supplied
Expect a mix of traditional and modern Thai and Vietnamese or even something Italian inspired. Signature dishes include green mango and papaya salad with prawn floss; shiso and betel leaf wagyu beef parcels; snapper khao soi; and linguini with Ortiz anchovies and saltbush.
In the retail store is a range of curry pastes, seasonal preserves, pickles, dressings and sauces from Sunrise Asian's Kitchen Essentials range. Malaniyom is stocking his favourite products including Lescure butter, Willowbrae chevre and Co Yo coconut milk yoghurt.
There's also takeaway available and ready-to-cook dishes, including duck confit, curry kits, and stir-fry sets.
The Rambutarina is rambutan and pandan granita with rose-poached nectarine Photo: Supplied
Shop 1, 21 Elizabeth Bay Road, Elizabeth Bay
02 9332 2844, sunriseasian.com.au
Update Fiona Hatchett has since left Sunrise Asian as of February, 2016
- Food by Fiat's Fragrant Chilli Jam
- Our First Project for 2019
- ABC Central Coast Interview
- Introducing Food by Fiat Ready to Eat Delivery Service
- Exotic & Native Fruits Marshmallows
- Sunrise Asian Comes to Carriageworks Farmers Markets
- The Top 50 Restaurants in Sydney - Sydney's Best Restaurants
- Produce to Plate Lunch with Fiat @Sunrise Asian
- The SMH - Beauty Rich and Rare - by Candice Chung
- The Daily Telegraph - by Elizabeth Meryment